Skip to main content

Goodbye my friends

Since I am leaving for Washington DC, my dear friends got together with me, had a meal and wished me the very best for my future. They also asked me when I will be back next, seeing as I have family here, I don't think it will be too long before I come back again.

I had intended to have the event at Joey's in Coquitlam.
There were about a dozen or so of us, so I thought it best to make reservations and I called Joey's. They told me that they operate on a first-come basis. We decided to meet there around 7... and that place was packed. We took a while to figure out where to go and finally ended up going to the Earls on Lougheed Highway near Boundary. That place was packed too. We begged, pleaded, smiled etc to get a table for 13... and after much waiting and complaining... we got it. We had the fine plush chairs.

Then they went hunting for a server. Allegedly, servers are hard things to find. Oh well. We found one.
No one else believes me, but I am certain she has a moustache. We then ordered, waited for food, had many conversations, passed the camera around etc. Thankfully, we took a few pictures.


Anyway, food over, we waited for some people to finish their wine. Listened to lots of stories and told a few. We were too late, with the change in venue and the time it took to get seated, to go see the new James Bond movie. We finally left and I got hugs and handshakes from a lot of folks. Eves even got me a Tito t-shirt and a hat. The T-shirt is classic. Only Eves could have been so thoughtful... he can be an amazing bastard when he needs to be. Thanks pal.

These people have been wonderful friends and I am certain to see them all again at some point. Thank god for these people, they have kept me happy and sane for a long time now. Someday, I shall thank them all properly. To me, some are like family; as one of them says... we are family, maybe not by blood, but by life. To my friends, I thank you very much for showing up and cheering me on.

Comments

Added some pictures. Ask me for the rest if you want to see the rest

Popular posts from this blog

Ava Fontaine

Something happened to me. I was having fun. I should have known it would not last. It didn't. I met my Ava Fontaine. I have known her a while. She was perfect. PERFECT. I thought I was getting into something I knew. I enjoyed every minute of it. She seemed to enjoy it too. We had fun. I loved her laugh. It made those few seconds feel like an eternity of bliss. She laughed a lot. I thought I was able to make her do that. I probably did. The flowers looked prettier every time I thought of her. The world did too. Birds sang when I wanted them to. Noise dissapeared. Crowds parted. The sun shone on me. Until reality kicked in and I realised I was lying to myself. The world was just as cruel as it was before. She is no panacea for the pains of god's green earth. She is but a temporary blip, just as we all are. I thought it was special. It is no more special than anything else out there. She will always be Ava Fontaine to me. Perfect in every way. Except, that she's not real. I

New computer

I am getting a new computer after 5 years. Oddly, I seem to be reversing trends in terms of pricing. My new computer will actually cost me more than my previous one. What am I going to do with the new one? Same sort as stuff as with the current one. I am going to install Linux on it and use it as my desktop. I will likely convert my current machine to a server to host files and who knows what else. So, what does it have? It has an Intel Dual Core processors clocked at 2.8Ghz, a really cool ASUS motherboard, an NCQ enabled Seagate hard drive, 2GB of DDR2 RAM running at 533Mhz, an LG 16x DVD burner, a 6600 LE MSI Video card (with DVI and TVO), one of those fancy floppy disks with multiple memory card readers and the kicker, a funky kick-ass case that looks like a critter from some game. It is called the NZXT Nemesis Elite and I have stolen a pic from a site and put it here: The eye of this case can be modified to change colours (wow!). I should get it next Saturday. My biggest surprise s

Decent alternatives to Outlook

I've been trying to find a replacement for Microsoft Outlook. Despite all its bulk and penchants for getting infected with viruses (from way back I should say), I do miss using Outlook. I just don't feel like paying for it nor do I need all of its diverse features.  So, I am looking for alternatives to Outlook. I tried Microsoft Mail and it was actually quite decent. I also tried Thunderbird and while I am not a huge fan of its mickey-mouse icons, I don't mind it either. If only Thunderbird had the polish that Firefox has.  I heard from people that Entourage sucked. Its not like I have a mac, but while doing research on this subject I ran across that.  So far, I have the mail part covered. I find it weird that despite using IMAP, my client only gets mail every so often (by default one of them was set to retrieve mail every 30 minutes!), but I was able to configure it to grab mail every minute. The parts I am having trouble with though are the calendar and the directory l